Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The changing table is a battle ground

Why is changing my daughters diaper always a struggle? The fussing begins the second I set her up on the changing table. I try to give her items (like a flashlight) to distract her, I sing to her, I blow tummy raspberries, but this only satisfies for mere seconds.Soon she is arching her back, trying to roll over and loudly vocalizes her distaste. The end result - a crooked diaper and me wishing I could have a margarita!
Ugh and if there is poop involved; this procedure is on a whole other level. Oy!!! I have had poop smeared on the changing table pad, I have had her kick her foot in her poop but the worst was the time she put her hand in it then smacked my arm! The gag reflex kicked in real quick! I don’t know how to make it more enjoyable for either of us so….I think potty training is in the near future!     :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment