Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mama’s don’t let your babies watch television

Some moms feel very strongly that letting your child at such a young age watch a show can have a very negative effect on them.  And Yes I have met the mother who shields her six-month-olds eyes from the screen if it’s on and they are passing through the room. For me a sing along Veggie Tale video or Baby Einstein’s Mozart video can keep my daughter entranced for 20 minutes! 20 minutes!!!! That is enough time to unload and reload the dishwasher and maybe even get in a load of laundry! Hurray!!!!
We spend a great deal of time playing in the nursery, going for walks or meeting others for play dates. We don’t even have cable. It’s just 1 show to get some chores done once a day.  Do I think this will make my child turn out to be the next Lindsey Lohan-NO will I regulate what she watches and how much as she gets older YES!

1 comment:

  1. I agree one million percent! We also have one called God Loves me (hoping for the series for Christmas!). H loves it! He sits there and watches it and smiles and talks to the tv. It looks like the hamburger helpers (puppet) whole family set to praise music lol!

    ReplyDelete